This is not the current firmware version!
This version of the VBOX Video HD2 firmware includes some significant changes and brings additional functionality to the unit itself and the Setup Software. The latest software versions should be used in conjunction with this firmware release to allow full use of the latest features.
- Download the latest Firmware and Software files.
- Instructions on how to upgrade the firmware and software can be found here.
A summary of the software versions required can be found below:
|Software Application||Version required (minimum)|
|Circuit Tools for Windows||2.6.3|
|Circuit Tools for MacOS||1.3.1|
|Circuit Tools for iOS||1.1.1|
|VBOX Video App for Android||1.2.2|
|VBOX Video App for iOS||1.2.3|
|VBOX Video Setup||1.3.170 (1.4.249 to fully utilise the new features)|
Many of the changes have been made as a direct result of customer feedback requesting new features. Some changes have been made to fix bugs and other issues found during testing.
Racelogic strongly recommend that all users upgrade to the latest firmware release to take advantage of the new features and benefit from the improved stability.
When upgrading to the latest firmware, the cameras must be connected to the unit as they included as part of the upgrade. However, this makes the cameras incompatible with units running older release firmware. If you have more than one unit, it is highly recommended to upgrade all units in one go or isolate upgraded units and cameras to ensure compatibility.
If you own more than one set of cameras, e.g. as part of a 2nd car HD2 accessory kit, you will have to update the firmware with each set of cameras plugged into the unit, using the same firmware upgrade file.
VBOX Video Setup Software
- Added new trip meter style lap timing parameters Current Lap Distance and Current Split Distance (more information available here).
- Added new hh:mm time format.
- The minimum width of a Heat Block element has been decreased.
- CAN Output ID 0x7E1 has changed from rolling lap time to last lap time (more information available here).
- Fixed issue where continuous logging could occasionally stop shortly after HD2 was booted.
- Improved formatting of date in file name.
- Fixed issue where scenes extracted from HD2 could show wrong logging mode.
- Fixed issue where some maths channels wouldn’t work on HD2.