To configure VB3iS, it needs to be connected to a power source and a computer.
Configuration is performed using VBOX Setup Software, which can be downloaded here. Using the supplied loom, connect an RLCAB001 cable to the 'CONFIG' lead and connect the serial plug to the computers serial port – this can be done via a serial > USB convertor if required.
IMPORTANT – Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or newer is required (must be compatible with .Net Framework 4.7.1)
Once physically connected and powered, open the software and use the drop down list to select the correct COM port that VB3iS is connected to. VBOX Setup automatically connects to the selected device and enters the VB3iS setup screen. The software language can also be changed if required.
Note: An auto detect message may appear if the baud rate has been changed from the default value - select ‘Yes’ to allow the different baud rates to be scanned.
- Menu - The side bar allows selection between the different settings menus. Click the buttons to change.
- Help - Depending on which menu is open, selecting the question mark icon will open up the corresponding User Guide page within the Racelogic Support Centre.
- Current menu - Displays the currently selected menu.
- Configuration - Load/Save settings from/into a .rsf file, allowing setups to be kept for future use.
- Bus usage - View serial and CAN channel usage.
- Settings area - This area contains all the settings options dependent on which menu is selected.
- Write to unit - After making changes to setup, the write to unit button should be selected to ensure the settings have been uploaded.
- Close - Closes the software, if changes have not been saved to the unit, you will be prompted to save the settings.