VB3iS has three dynamic modes. These dynamic modes directly change the SMI smoothing index applied by the GNSS engine to all Doppler-derived data, notably speed and heading. The lower smoothing levels have a higher dynamic response but are adversely noisier.
The three options are:
- High dynamics (default): Should be used for high accuracy trigger brake stops or any test where time and distance are critical and the vehicle test incorporates highly dynamic manoeuvres.
- Medium dynamics: Suitable for any testing that does not involve any high dynamic manoeuvres.
- Low dynamics: Can be used for less dynamic applications, such as steady state speed measurement or coast down testing.
VBOX Setup Software
- Ensure VB3iS is powered.
- Connect VB3iS to a computer using the supplied loom, connect an RLCAB001 cable to the 'CONFIG' lead and connect the serial plug to the computers serial port – this can be done via a serial > USB convertor if required.
- Open VBOX Setup and connect to VB3iS by selecting the correct COM Port.
- Select the 'GNSS' menu and then the 'Settings' tab.
- Choose the desired setting from the 'GNSS optimisation' options.
- Select 'Write to unit' to save the settings.
- Press the 'OK' button to enter the menu, navigate to 'GNSS' and press the 'OK' button.
- Navigate to 'Dynamic Mode' using the 'Up' and 'Down' arrows. It will display whichever mode has been previously set.
- If you would like to change the setting, press the 'OK' button then select the desired option using the 'Up' and 'Down' arrows.
- Press the 'OK' button again to confirm.