The serial output screen allows the user to configure the format, content and data rate of the serial stream transmitted by VB3iS.
This selects which format VB3iS will output Serial data in. NMEA message format is the only user configurable setup.
- Racelogic - For Serial communication with other Racelogic products (not available if ADAS mode is enabled).
- NMEA - For user defined NMEA message output (not available if ADAS mode is enabled).
- ADAS remote mode - This mode is is automatically selected if ADAS mode is enabled (only presented with VB3iSR RTK variant).
If the NMEA message format is selected, the following options become available:
- Baud rate - The required serial baud rate can be selected from this drop down menu, selectable from 4800 – 115200 kbit/s (115200 kbit/s by default).
- Update rate - The update rate of the NMEA messages can be changed using this drop down list, selectable from 1 –100 Hz (1 Hz by default).
- Message selection - NMEA messages can be selected and deselected for transmission by checking and un-checking the boxes next to each message type.