This guide describes how to use NTRIP with a Bluetooth connection between a Windows PC or Tablet to a VBOX3iDR.
The following instructions assume a working Internet Connection.
- NTRIP subscription
- NTRIP Client Application
- Windows PC or Tablet
- Bluetooth Module RLVBBT01
- VBOX Manager
- CAN Splitter RLVBACS024
PC Bluetooth configuration
Connect the Bluetooth Module RLVBBT01 to the VBOX CAN port using a splitter if necessary as shown above.
In the device go to the Bluetooth settings and pair with the RLVBBT01 as shown below this is an example from Windows 10.
The VBOX must have the correct DGPS mode enabled in VBOX Setup or VBOX Manager before it is capable of receiving and using the DGPS correction information transmitted by the Network RTK Service Provider.
- Run the latest VBOX Setup software
- Go to the 'GPS' page
- Under the DGPS / RTK section, select 'NTRIP' from the available options
- Select '115200' in the available options for the RS232 baud rate
- Select 'Write to unit'
- Use VBOX Manager
- Enter Setup Menu and go to 'VBOX'
- Enter 'DGPS MODE' and select '2CM (TOPNET)' from the available options
- Select 'BACK'
- Enter 'DGPS RS232 Rate' and select '115200'
- Exit out of Setup Menu
Run NTRIP Client Application
Download and run the NTRIP client application from here NTRIPClient.exe.
NTRIP Client Application Configuration
Click the Top Edit button.
Select the PC COM Port that you are connected to the VBBT01 with and set the Baud Rate to 115200 as shown below. Click OK and then the top Connect button.
Click the bottom Edit Button
Set the network protocol as NTRIP V1.0.
Set the Caster IP to the NTRIP server IP address. The settings shown above are correct for the UK but if you are unsure of the TopNet settings for your country, please take a look here: How to find the TopNET Live server address.
Set the Caster Port to the value noted above.
Set the username and password to your NTRIP settings.
Select Use position data from the Serial Port and Click OK.
Click the bottom Connect button.
This will have downloaded the NTRIP Stream Source Table. Select RTK_RTCM3 from the list and click bottom Connect button again.
The app should report it is connected to the server.
After about 5 seconds, the DIFF LED on the VBOX should be solid green which indicates that DGPS corrections are being received.
How to find the TopNET Live server address
If you have not been given the NTRIP Caster Settings, you can install the TopNET live mobile application here and search for them.
- Click on the key symbol in the top right and enter your TopNET subscription Username and Password.
- Once logged in click on the network information box at the top.
- Make a note of the server IP address and port number. (Currently 126.96.36.199 and 2101 are correct for the UK)
- Exit and close the TopNET live Mobile app.