This is not the current firmware version!
The latest version of the VBOX 3i firmware includes some significant changes and brings additional functionality to the unit itself, the Setup Software and VBOX Manager. The latest software and VBOX Manager versions should be used in conjunction with this firmware release to allow full use of the latest features.
- Download the latest VBOX3i, VBOX Manager firmware and ensure the Setup Software is up to date.
- Instructions on how to upgrade the firmware can be found here.
Many of the changes have been made as a direct result of customer feedback requesting new features. Some changes have been made to fix bugs and other issues found during testing.
Racelogic strongly recommend that all users upgrade to the latest firmware release to take advantage of the new features and benefit from the improved stability.
This version of VB3i firmware requires that VBOX Setup and VBOX Manager be updated to maintain compatibility, the minimum versions required are as follows:
- VBOX Setup version 18.104.22.1681.
- VBOX Manager version 3.0 b2186. NOT compatible with VBOXIII!
Enhancements/ New Features
VB3i Firmware now works across all VB3i variants, there is no longer a requirement to install different firmware versions dependent on the VB3i variant.
- New 3 Target mode created, primarily used for Automatically Commanded Steering Function (ACSF)/ Lane Change Testing (more information available within the ADAS Knowledge Base).
- Simplex/ Duplex (data at target) radio modes are now controlled within the firmware, selectable via VBOX manager.
- Single Target and Multiple Target modes renamed 1 Target and 2 Target.
VBOX Manager (V3.0 b2186)
The layout of the VBOX Manager has also been revamped and improved, simplifying the menu structure and making the current settings more visible. The new layout can be seen within the VBOX Manager User Guide.
- New RobotHead channel.
- New SlipHead channel.
- Updates to CAN Output (current CAN Output available here).
- New L2 Support for OEM GPS engines (V3/4).
- Robot mode ABD Path Follow now supports Single Antenna.
- Long Acc CAN Threshold has been removed.
- Issues when connecting to VBOX Test Suite/ VBOX Setup addressed.
- Issue with PWR LED showing Red after boot up addressed.
- Issue with UTC time approaching midnight addressed.
- Issue with Slip Angle computation fixed.
- Issue with 'ERROR_3' message appearing when attempting to save a lane within ADAS Lane Departure mode addressed.
- Issue with Vehico heading frame addressed.