A start/finish line is required within the Lap Timing Mode to calculate lap times. By default, the start/finish line used is detected from the Currently Selected Track based on the GPS location.
If no local track is available, it is possible to create a start/ finish line using the display when on track, or by creating a start/finish line from a previously recorded VBOX file of the track using the VBOX Test Suite Software following the instructions below.
- VBOX Test Suite Software can be downloaded here.
Please follow the steps below to create and upload a start/finish line to VBOX Touch:
- Open VBOX Test Suite Software and select the Add button from the Home tab.
- Select CustomTest within the popup window and press OK to confirm. Press OK again within the next presented popup window. There is no need to enter any test settings.
- Load a previously recorded .vbo VBOX file from the track by pressing the top left File button and selecting Load Data, or by using the keyboard shortcut F3. Navigate to the required file on your computer and press Load.
- Once loaded, navigate to the desired gate location within the Map window and select a point by left clicking the mouse. The map can be made larger by pressing the maximise button at the top of the window.
- Select Add Gate from the ribbon menu to create the start/finish line at the desired location.
- Click on the Export button to save the start/finish line to a location on your computer.
- Place the newly created .spl file into a folder named SF LINES on an SD card and insert the card into the unit.
- Press the Load Lap Timing Gates button within the Lap Timing Settings. If only one file is located on the SD card, the file will be loaded immediately. If multiple files are located on the SD card, the unit will display all available files. Select a file and then press the Confirm Button on the bottom right of the screen.
- When loaded, a success screen will briefly display to show that the start/finish line was loaded successfully.