The track map database used by the VBOX Laptimer can be updated independently of the units firmware.
Occasionally Racelogic will release new versions of the track map database in order to introduce new circuit maps and start/finish lines - and also to update any older tracks with new layouts.
The Track Database installed within the Performance Box Touch is updated whenever a new firmware file is uploaded on to the unit. However, you can also independently update the Track Database by pressing the Load button within the Lap Timing Settings menu.
How to Update the Track Database
- Download the latest track database file from the VBOX Motorsport Website. Performance Box Touch shares the same track database file as VBOX Laptimer, click on the image of VBOX Laptimer to download the correct file.
- Place the .tdb or .bdb file on the root directory of an SD card (not in the media or any other folder).
- Power up the Performance Box Touch unit.
- Insert the SD card into the Side of the Unit. The SD Card Icon should display as green as long as the card has free space.
- When the unit has booted, select the Mode Button and press LAP TIMING if it is not already selected.
- The Performance Box Touch will start to load the file, which will update the tracks list but not overwrite any existing track information. Progress of the track database update will be displayed via the LEDs; each lit LED will represent 25% of the process with all LEDs extinguishing when the process is complete.
- The message 'Database Loaded' should be displayed to confirm it has loaded successfully.
To view the latest track list, click on the image below and use the Country dropdown menu.