This is not the current firmware version!
This version of the VBOX Video firmware includes some significant changes and brings additional functionality to the unit itself, the Setup Software and the iOS and Android Preview Apps. The latest software versions should be used in conjunction with this firmware release to allow full use of the latest features.
Download the latest firmware update file here
A summary of the software versions required can be found below:
|Software Application||Version required|
|Circuit Tools for Windows||2.6.3|
|Circuit Tools for MacOS||1.3.1|
|Circuit Tools for iOS||1.1.1|
|VBOX Video App for Android||1.2.2|
|VBOX Video App for iOS||1.2.3|
|VBOX Video Setup||1.3.170|
Many of the changes have been made as a direct result of customer feedback requesting new features. Some changes have been made to fix bugs and other issues found during testing.
Racelogic strongly recommend that all users upgrade to the latest firmware release to take advantage of the new features and benefit from the improved stability.
When upgrading to the latest firmware, the cameras must be connected to the unit as they included as part of the upgrade. However, this makes the cameras incompatible with units running older release firmware. If you have more than one unit, it is highly recommended to upgrade all units in one go or isolate upgraded units and cameras to ensure compatibility.
- VBOX Video now fully boots up, and installs scenes up to 50 % quicker than previous release
- Removed requirement to power cycle unit after scene install
New Bluetooth Support
- Introducing support for high speed OBDLink Bluetooth module
- Introducing support for Bluetooth heart rate monitor
- Ability to register five Bluetooth devices to VBOX Video
- Smart control to scan and enable available Bluetooth devices
- Updated support to allow use of higher capacity recording media, utilising exFAT formatted USB and SD cards
- Improved file closing logic
iOS and Android Preview Apps
- Faster and more stable communication between the app and the VBOX Video HD2
- Ability to add and remove Bluetooth devices for VBOX Video HD2
- Bluetooth paired/active status icon
- Record icon displayed when recording
- Audio streaming now enabled
- Option to save scene to SD card
- Option to download diagnostic log to SD card
- Ability to view live camera preview within Setup Software via Wi-Fi
- 1 ft roll-out performance test updates
- Nürburgring VLN start/finish update
- Updated communication with OLED
- Added best lap text parameter
- Added ‘Time stationary’ parameter, with auto reset
- Added ‘Combo-G’ data source channel
- Scene on SD card is backed up if a scene with the same name is saved to the card