This is not the current firmware version!
This version of the VBOX Video HD2 firmware includes some significant changes and brings additional functionality to the unit itself and the Setup Software. The latest software versions should be used in conjunction with this firmware release to allow full use of the latest features.
- Download the latest Firmware and Software files.
- Instructions on how to upgrade the firmware and software can be found here.
A summary of the software versions required can be found below:
|Software Application||Version required (minimum)|
|Circuit Tools for Windows||2.6.3|
|Circuit Tools for MacOS||1.3.1|
|Circuit Tools for iOS||1.1.1|
|VBOX Video App for Android||1.2.2|
|VBOX Video App for iOS||1.2.3|
|VBOX Video Setup||1.3.170 (1.4.245 to fully utilise the new features)|
Many of the changes have been made as a direct result of customer feedback requesting new features. Some changes have been made to fix bugs and other issues found during testing.
Racelogic strongly recommend that all users upgrade to the latest firmware release to take advantage of the new features and benefit from the improved stability.
When upgrading to the latest firmware, the cameras must be connected to the unit as they included as part of the upgrade. However, this makes the cameras incompatible with units running older release firmware. If you have more than one unit, it is highly recommended to upgrade all units in one go or isolate upgraded units and cameras to ensure compatibility.
If you own more than one set of cameras, e.g. as part of a 2nd car HD2 accessory kit, you will have to update the firmware with each set of cameras plugged into the unit, using the same firmware upgrade file.
- Now supports connection to CAN Gateway (more information available here).
- 80 CAN Channels are now supported, up from 32.
VBOX Video Setup Software
- Support/ setup for CAN Gateway (more information available here).
- Added new Undo/Redo feature (more information available here).
- Added new Advanced Logging feature (more information available here).
- Added new Raw CAN Logging feature (more information available here).
- Added new Multiplexed CAN support (more information available here).
- Added new Element Location Fine Tuning Control feature (more information available here).
- Added new Racelogic Tyre Temperature Monitoring System CAN database entry (more information available here).
- Default track displayed at Paul Ricard is now the 1C-V2 layout.
- Fixed issue where Nurburgring was defaulting to the GP layout after power cycle.
- Fixed issue where the unit failed to log on some occasions.