Typical causes of error in CAN Bus systems include the following:
- Incorrect channel settings for the incoming CAN signal, i.e. CAN format, CAN id, Byte position or Byte length.
- Wrong baud rate between connected modules and logging system. No data will be transferred at all.
- CAN High and CAN Low connected the wrong way round. No data will be transferred at all.
- Lack of termination resistor. This will cause intermittent bursts of, or, no data to be transferred.
- The RL modules & VCI CAN port assignment is set the wrong way round - there are two CAN ports on a VBOX3i. Check the CAN tab within VBOX Setup has VCI set to the correct port.