LabSat3 - Updating the Firmware
Occasionally Racelogic releases new versions of firmware for LabSat 3, often to introduce new features. New firmware can be loaded into the LabSat via the SD card.
The latest firmware upgrade file for LabSat 3 is available on the LabSat Website within the ‘Software and Firmware’ section.
If you need the latest file, download it from the website and copy it to your computer.
How to Upgrade the Firmware
- Unzip the downloaded firmware file and copy it onto the root directory of an SD card.
- Power the LabSat and wait until the box has finished initialisation.
- Insert the SD card containing the upgrade file.
- Once the upgrade is complete the LabSat 3 will return to the main file screen.
- Power cycle the LabSat before resuming normal operation.
When the upgrade has been completed, the upgrade file will be erased from the SD card. If the upgrade fails for any reason, the upgrade file will remain on the SD card and the LabSat 3 retains the previous version of firmware.
To confirm the LabSat 3 has upgraded, navigate to the ‘About’ section of the menu, this will display the current version of firmware the LabSat 3 is running.
If you have any questions regarding the LabSat 3 firmware upgrade procedure, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.