SatGen is a CPU-intensive application, however, most modern PCs are capable of running it.
- Windows 10
- A 64-bit CPU
- A 4-core CPU (depending on the application)
When simulating to File:
The speed of the PC will affect the time it takes SatGen to create a simulation file.
Note: SatGen simulations can take several times longer to create than the duration of the simulation that is being created.
- If you want to quickly simulate multiple signals across different frequency bands for a LabSat Wideband, we recommend that you use a PC with a CPU that has at least 8 cores. The time it takes to generate the file will reduce significantly if you use a faster CPU, for example, one with 16 or 32 cores.
- If you want to simulate L1 signals only, we recommend a CPU with at least 4 cores.
For Realtime Output
When performing realtime simulations, the speed of the PC will determine the number of signals and satellites that can be simulated.
- If you want to simulate a single constellation, we recommend a CPU with at least 4 cores.
- If you want to simulate multiple constellations, we recommend a CPU with at least 8 cores.