If the VBOX is having trouble locking onto satellites then please follow the checklist below for typical solutions.
Common problems with GPS antennas are damage to the cable and the connector.
The cable should be placed in a position that avoids tight angles being inflicted on the cable, as this can damage the thin core. The VBOX should also be securely positioned to avoid the cable/connector join being strained in violent vehicle manoeuvres.
- Ensure that the antenna is placed in a position where it has an unobstructed view of the sky.
- Check the antenna connection with the VBOX; only small amounts of dirt in the socket can cause a significant reduction in signal strength. Also check the cable at the plug and along its length for any damage.
- Check that the power supply is connected and free from damage.
- If possible try another known working antenna, to confirm antenna functionality.
- Perform a GPS coldstart and then leave the unit powered up in an open static position for at least 15 minutes.