ADAS Radio Link - 1 Target Vehicle
To configure the telemetry radios within a Subject Vehicle and 1 Target Vehicle for ACC, AEB, BSD or FCW tests, please follow the steps below:
- Ensure the 2.4 GHz telemetry modems are connected as shown in Subject Vehicle and Target Vehicle Configurations.
- As 2.4 GHz transmissions are very direct, with a narrow beam width, care needs taking when mounting the antenna; ensure they are:
- On the highest part of the vehicle roof
- Away from any nearby obstructions that could cause a potential blockage to the path of the signal
- Mounted vertically to ensure maximum transmission power in the horizontal plane
- Mounted at least 50 cm away from other radio antennas
When the 2.4 GHz modems are connected correctly the 'SER' light on the Subject VBOX will illuminate, indicating the reception of a serial data stream.