How to update the IMU Firmware. Occasionally Racelogic will release new versions of firmware (internal code) for the IMU units, often to introduce new features.
We recommend that you check the web site periodically for updates. To upgrade the IMU/YAW firmware, you must download the following from the Racelogic website:
- Connect the IMU/YAW to the PC via the supplied RLCAB030-S serial cable, and apply power to the unit.
- Double click on the .RUF upgrade file, which auto runs the Upgrader software.
- Make sure that the correct COM port is selected in the Racelogic Upgrader software.
Note: To confirm which COM port is assigned to the unit, check the device manager.
- Make sure that other software applications that may try and use the COM port communications, such as VBOX Tools and VBOX Setup, are closed.)
- Click Upgrade to start the upgrade process.
- When the process is complete, power-cycle the IMU/YAW unit to complete the process.