Inertial Measurement Unit (RLVBIMU04)
Racelogic's Inertial Measurement Unit (RLVBIMU04) provides highly accurate measurements of pitch, roll, and yaw rate using three rate gyros, as well as x, y, z acceleration via three accelerometers. The CAN based unit is temperature compensated and has improved calibration and stability.
The RLVBIMU04 is designed for use either as a standalone sensor with simple connection and configuration via the CAN bus interface, or for use with VBOX GPS data loggers.
When used in conjunction with VBOX 3i, data from the IMU can be seamlessly integrated with GPS to produce pitch and roll angle accurate to 0.06˚ (RMS) as well as smoother velocity data. This ensures GPS data even when satellite reception is interrupted.
The IMU is constructed with a splash proof casing, which is rated to a limited ingress IP rating of IP67*, making it ideal for use on boats or in harsh environments, as well as automotive testing.
Using synchronous 16 bit sampling for each of the internal sensors provides a high degree of accuracy, with yaw rate resolution typically 0.0137 degrees per second and acceleration resolution down to 1.5 mg.
*providing unused connectors are fitted with Lemo bungs (RLACS080)
More information on the IMU04 can be found on our website.
Yaw Rate Sensor (RLVBYAW03)
VBOX Yaw Rate Sensor (RLVBYAW03) is an advanced vehicle yaw rate sensor with integral accelerometers. The accelerometers are mounted in the X and Y plane for measurement of lateral and longitudinal acceleration.
The Yaw Rate Sensor is constructed with a splash proof casing, which is rated to a limited ingress IP rating of IP65, making it ideal for use on boats or in harsh environments.
Using synchronous 24 bit sampling for each of the internal sensors provides a high degree of accuracy with yaw rate resolution typically 0.01 degrees per second and acceleration resolution down to 0.001 g.
The Yaw Rate Sensor is designed for use with the Racelogic VBOX range of GPS data acquisition systems or as a standalone sensor with simple connection and configuration via the CAN bus interface.
- IMU / YAW User Guide
- This guide provides an overview of the IMU04 and IMU03 product features, their basic operation and specifications.
- 01 - IMU / YAW Features
- 02 - IMU / YAW Setup Parameters
- 03 - IMU / YAW CAN Modes
- 04 - Mounting the IMU
- 05 - Using IMU Integration with VB3i
- 06 - Using IMU Integration with VB3iS
- 07 - IMU Integration - Kalman Filter Calibration
- 08 - Using IMU / YAW with VBOX as Racelogic CAN Module
- 09 - Using the IMU / YAW with Another Data Logger
- 10 - IMU / YAW Technical Properties
- Knowledge Base
- Welcome to the Knowledge Base. Find the most popular, highest rated, and recently updated articles at a glance. Or browse articles by tags or title. If you cannot find the article you are looking for, try the search bar.