To connect the Brake Pedal Force Sensor to a VBOX 3i, please follow the steps below:
- Connect the supplied 4 way Lemo cable (RLCAB148) in to the rear of the Brake Pedal Force Sensor.
- Using an opened analogue input screw terminal connector block, insert the unterminated end of the cable through the connector loop and tighten with the screws.
- Connect and fix the 4 wires as following:
- Blue wire (Ground): Terminal 15.
- Yellow wire (Power Supply): Terminal 14.
- Red wire (Analogue Output - Positive): Terminal 1.
- Green wire (Analogue Output - Negative): Terminal 2.
- Attach the top side of the connector block housing and fix in place with the 2 screws.
- Place the Brake Pedal Force Sensor on to the top of the vehicle's brake pedal and secure using the bolts and back plate provided (a 6 mm Hex key is required).
- Two lengths of bolts are supplied to accommodate different size pedal arms.
- On some brake pedals, you may need to remove the rubber cover in order for the mounting plate to get a firm fix.
- Ensure the sensor is firmly attached to the pedal before use.
- Plug the cable in to the 'A IN' port on the VBOX and tighten using the thumb screws.
- The setup described above will input on the channel VB3i_AD1, please ensure the channel has been configured through VBOX Setup in order to obtain understandable results.