- Ensure the the Brake Pedal Force Sensor is connected to the VBOX 3i, as described here.
- Connect the VBOX to a PC and apply power.
- Using VBOX Setup Software, navigate to 'Channels' and then select 'Internal A/D'.
- Click on the channel 'VB3i_AD1' to bring up the channel properties menu.
- The properties will then need to be changed to match the calibration certificate supplied with the sensor.
- Name: Rename to something such as 'BrakeForce' so that you can easily identify the channel later
- Units: N
- Scale: Calculated Output Slope value from the calibration certificate
- Offset: Zero Offset value from the calibration certificate
IMPORTANT - Each sensor is different and will require different scale and offsets.
Calibration certificate example
Populated channel properties example
- Select 'OK' to close the properties menu and the click 'Write to unit' to save the settings to the VBOX.
- The Brake Pedal Force Sensor is now configured for use.