Refine results by selecting a filter or click on 'All results' to search the whole site.
Skip to main content
06 Logging - Performance Box Touch V1
- Last updated
Save as PDF
|Performance Box Touch V1 logs data via an SD card inserted into the SD cad Slot on the left-hand side of the unit. Depending on the Logging Strategy you have selected in the General Settings area, the unit will either log continuously or when it detects movement.
|You can manually override the configured logging strategy by tapping on the SD Card Icon when it is green to start or stop the logging.
The Record Icon will show when the unit is logging data to the SD card.
If you have come to a stop, but the Record Icon is still on, you must press the SD Card Icon to stop the logging before you remove the SD card.
Sometimes, due to poor satellite visibility, for example in a garage or close to a building, the box may start recording even if the car is stationary. Always check the Record Icon to make sure the box is not recording before you eject the card.
The SD card should not be removed when the Record Icon flashes red as it may cause you to lose data.
Note: If the SD card is removed while the box is still recording, you may need to repair it on a PC before you can use it again.
SD Card Format
Performance Box Touch is supplied with an 8 GB SDHC card in a FAT32 file format, which is the only file format it supports.
If you are looking to purchase a new SD card, we recommend that any card you use has a write speed of above 7 MB/s (4 MB/s is the absolute minimum) and a speed class of 10 (4 is the absolute minimum). We recommend that you use SD cards from quality brands such as Transcend, SanDisk, Kingston or Lexar to ensure the best results.
If you have an SD card that is formatted in the exFAT or NTFS file formats, you will have to reformat it to a FAT32 file system before it will work with a Performance Box Touch unit.
SDHC cards (2 GB to 32 GB)
|Supplied or purchased SDHC cards are formatted in the FAT32 file format. This format is supported by Performance Box Touch.
SDXC cards (64 GB and above)
|Purchased SDXC cards will be formatted in exFAT or NTFS file formats; these formats are not supported by Performance Box Touch. Please reformat as per the instructions below.
SD Card Reformatting
- FAT32 reformatting for media with sizes up to 32 GB can be done directly in Windows by right-clicking on the media and selecting 'Format'.
- If you would like to format media with sizes above 32 GB into a FAT32 file system, you cannot do it directly in Windows as it is not the standard formatting for the file. However, there are many third-party software programs you can use to reformat media so that they will work correctly with our products - we recommend This Tool as a free option from the SD card organisation.
Performance Box Touch logs channels to a .vbo file on an inserted SD card. The channel information is as follows:
- Satellites: This is the number of satellites in use.
- Time: This is UTC time since midnight in the form HHMMSS.SS.
- Latitude: Latitude in minutes MMMM.MMMMMMMM +ve = North e.g. 3169.30644410M = 52D, 49M, 18.4S.
- Longitude: Longitude in minutes MMMMM.MMMMMMMM +ve = West e.g. 00040.18164742M = 00D, 40M, 10.9S.
- Velocity: Velocity in km/h.
- Heading: Heading in degrees with respect to North.
- Height: Height above sea level in meters based on the model of the earth used by thye VBOX GNSS engines.
- Vertical velocity: Vertical velocity in km/h. +ve velocity uphill, -ve velocity downhill.
- Long accel: Longitudinal acceleration in g, +ve for forward acceleration.
- Lat accel: Lateral acceleration in g, +ve for acceleration to the left.
- Solution type: Indicator for what the unit is currently using to derive position: 0 = No sats; 1 = Standalone using GNSS only; 2 = SBAS.
You can find more information on the VBO file format here.