Occasionally Racelogic releases new versions of firmware (internal code) for PerformanceBox products, often to introduce new features. New firmware can be loaded into the PerformanceBox Sport using a computer and the supplied USB cable.
The Performance Box Sport firmware has not been updated in many years. If you are having issues with your unit, and need to re-flash the firmware, please raise a support ticket requesting the file.
If you are upgrading the PerformanceBox Sport for the first time (or the first time on the computer being used for the upgrade), please follow the instructions in the section ‘Using USB‘ earlier in this manual before following the instructions below.
How to Upgrade the Firmware
- Press and hold the ‘◄’ button whilst the power is connected to the PerformanceBox Sport.
- The PerformanceBox Sport will enter ‘Upgrader’ mode, indicated by solid RED ‘COM’ and ‘LOG’ LEDs and a solid GREEN ‘SAT’ LED.
- Connect the USB cable to the computer.
- Double-click the .RUF firmware upgrade file that you have downloaded from the Racelogic website. This will automatically run the Upgrader software, in which you can see the progress of the upgrade.
- At the end of the process disconnect the USB cable and then disconnect and reconnect the power supply.
If you have any questions regarding the VBOX Micro upgrade procedure, please do not hesitate to raise a support ticket.