If the battery (RLACS290) in Performance Box Touch does not charge, the LED on the rear of the unit isn't flashing, and the battery status in the top right of the screen is not visible when the battery is attached and receiving power from the USB port, the battery may have discharged below its internal cut-off voltage.
Follow the steps below to try to fix this issue:
- Detach the battery from the Performance Box Touch unit. Plug the supplied USB cable (USB2-007241) into the micro-B USB socket on the battery. This port is on the top edge of the battery, near the LED and power buttons.
- Make sure that the USB charger you are using can provide at least 1 A and leave the battery to charge for at least 30 minutes to make sure that the cell has some charge to power the internal controller.
- If the LED on the battery is still not flashing after 30 minutes, keep the charger connected and press and hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds. The LED should glow faint red.
- Release the button. The LED should start to flash, indicating that it is charging.
- We recommend that you leave the battery to charge until the LED flashes green, indicating a charge of at least 20%.
If the battery is still not working as expected, please contact Racelogic Support.