How to Pair Bluetooth OBD Module with VBOX Video HD2
In order to pair your Bluetooth OBD module (RLACS228) with your HD2 unit, you will first need to select the correct setting within VBOX Video Setup software.
- Firstly, power up VBOX Video HD2.
- Insert the SD card in to a computer and open VBOX Video Setup software, which can be downloaded here.
- Add a new scene or select a previously saved scene by selecting the 'File' button.
- Select ‘Settings’ and click on ‘OBD’.
- Tick the relevant channels you wish the module to log.
Note: Not all channels will be supported by your vehicle, all unsupported channels will not be recorded. Contact the vehicle manufacturer for further information.
- Save to the SD card.
- Remove the SD card and insert it in to the fully booted VBOX Video HD2.
- When the scene has installed, insert the OBD module in to the vehicle's OBD port. The OBD module ‘Power’ LED will turn solid green. Information about OBD port location can be found here.
- If no other OBD module is paired with the HD2 and the unit is running Firmware Version V1.3.72 or later, the module should automatically connect to the unit when turned on.
- If another OBD module is paired with the HD2, the existing paired module will need to be removed using the Camera Preview App.
- The blue ‘BT’ LED will switch to a fast blink to show that it is attempting to automatically connect.
- Once connected, the ‘BT’ LED will show a constant blue light.
- The 'HOST' LED will flash orange when there is communication between the HD2 and the module.
- The 'OBD' LED will flash red when there is communication between the module and the vehicle.
Note: The OBD module should automatically connect to the HD2 if no other module is paired. If this is not occurring and the blue ‘BT’ LED is emitting a flash every 3 seconds rather than blinking fast, it may be necessary to press the 'Connect' button. If there are still connection issues after pressing the button, it may be necessary to register/ unregister the device from the HD2 using the Camera Preview App.