VBOX Video HD2 - Updating the Firmware and Software
Upgrading the Firmware
Occasionally Racelogic will release new versions of firmware (internal code) for the VBOX Video HD2 units.
Note: The RLACS329 camera is not compatible with all versions of VBOX Video HD2. You can find more information about its compatibility here.
Load the new firmware onto the VBOX HD2 unit by using an SD card or a USB stick.
Upgrading the VBOX unit's firmware:
- Download the latest .vvhfw file here.
- Place the .vvhfw file on the root directory of an SD card or USB stick (not in the media or any other folder).
- Power up the VBOX Video HD2 unit.
- Load the SD card or USB stick into the front panel.
- The HD2 will beep twice when the upgrade is complete (this process may take up to 5 minutes).
- The firmware file will be removed from the memory storage when it is installed on the unit.
- Firmware updates pre-1.3.58 require a power cycle of the unit to complete the upgrade.
Upgrading the OLED display
If you are using an OLED display, you will also need to upgrade the display after you have loaded the new VBOX Video firmware.
Click here for information on how to upgrade your display.
Upgrading VBOX Video HD2 Setup Software
Requires Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 and VBOX Video HD2 Firmware version V1.3.72 or later.
- Download the latest VBOX Video HD2 Setup Software here.
- When asked to specify where to save the installer you should select your desktop.
- Allow the installer to download.
- Open this ZIP file, select extract all files and save to your desktop.
- Open the unzipped folder and click on the setup.exe file to run the installer.
- Follow the installation wizard.
Note: The HD2 Setup software has an auto-update functionality so the software will detect and notify you if there is a new version available. It will then give you the option to download and install the update.
Upgrading Circuit Tools Software
You can find information on how to upgrade Circuit Tools software here.