Parking Bay Survey - Complex Shapes
To survey a parking bay with complex shapes within a Park Assist test, please follow the steps below:
For 2 cm positional accuracy during the Park Asisst Test, an RTK Base Station or NTRIP solution is required.
This method requires the use of a Survey Trolley (RLACS173-XXX where XXX represents the frequency of the Base Station if being used).
When using the Survey Trolley, data is recorded at 10 Hz and provides an accurate representation of the parking bay.
Surveying a Parking Bay with Complex Shapes
- Using some form of marker (e.g. tape), draw the outline of the complex shape side on the floor of the parking bay, attempting to be as accurate as possible.
- Assemble the Survey Trolley and mount the VBOX, radio/NTRIP modem, ACS112L Li-Ion battery and VBOX Manager into the surveying back pack.
Assembly instructions can be found here.
- When the VBOX displays 'RTK Fixed' you can start to survey the complex shapes.
- Place the centre line of the Survey Trolley over the end of one of the marked complex shapes
Note: It doesn't matter which complex shape is recorded first.
- Using VBOX Manager, select ‘START’ to begin the recording and start walking with the Survey Trolley along the shape.
Note: Walking speed must exceed 0.8 km/h.
- Once you have crossed the end of the shape, select ‘STOP’ on VBOX Manager and then 'KEEP' to save the file.
- Repeat the process above for the other complex shape.
- Remove the CF card from the VBOX and insert in to a PC.
- The parking bay sides are now ready to be loaded in to the Park Assist plugin within VBOX Test Suite software.
Note: Recorded bay side .vbo files can be renamed for ease of use if required, e.g. Side 1, Side 2.