Occasionally, Racelogic releases new versions of firmware (internal code) for the VBOX 3i products. This is often to introduce new features or useful updates and fixes. You can find more information about the newest firmware update here.
To upload new firmware to the VBOX 3i, you only need to use a CF card and the upgrade file.
You can download the latest upgrade file from the VBOX Automotive website.
How to upgrade the firmware
- Download the latest upgrade file from the link above.
- Place the update file on the root directory of the CF card.
- Power the VBOX 3i and wait until the box has fully booted (Green PWR LED).
- Insert the CF card containing the upgrade file.
- The VBOX 3i will automatically detect the firmware upgrade file. You will see the LEDs flashing rapidly to indicate the upgrade is being installed.
- Once the upgrade is complete the VBOX 3i will beep twice and resume normal operation (the upgrade file will be erased).
- If the upgrade fails for any reason the upgrade file remains on the card and the VBOX 3i retains the previous version of the firmware.
Once the firmware upgrade has been completed successfully, you must power-cycle your VBOX 3i before you use it.