This version of the VBOX Test Suite Software includes some significant updates, a new test plugin and bug fixes.
- VBOX Test Suite Software can be downloaded here, if 'Automatically check for updates' is selected within the software, it will automatically detect the update when a valid internet link is detected and prompt you to download.
- Instructions on how to install the software can be found here.
Many of the changes have been made as a direct result of customer feedback requesting new features. Some changes have been made to fix bugs and other issues found during testing.
Racelogic strongly recommend that all users update to the latest software release to take advantage of the new features and benefit from the improved stability.
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or newer (must be compatible with .Net Framework 4.7.1).
- Fixed incorrect interim results when crossing UTC time midnight for Custom Tests.
- Fixed positional jump when loading a .vbc line file of 3 points.
- Addressed issues accessing the Online mode on the Windows 7 operating system.
Note: This software version is considered pre-release. It has been tested to ensure any new functionality or bug fix has been implemented correctly, but has not yet completed a full testing cycle and sign off – there may still be other bugs in this version!
Do not use beta versions when performing critical tests unless a problem with a release version prevents you from completing the required tests satisfactorily.
Key New Features
- Support added for online connection to VBOX Sigma - our new low cost RTK data logger.
- Support added for VBOX Touch online connection.
- Frequency Distribution analysis - test results can now be further analysed to see distance or time spent within a channel value range, or how often the channel was within a value range. More information on this can be found here.
- Wheel Slip channels added to Custom Test.
- Recent files list now shows full file path as a tooltip.
- 'Time since last run' can now include or ignore aborted runs.
- Report columns for Test Time, Distance, Start Speed, End Speed & Average accel use decimal places as configured in Options.
- R41 test now usable with a larger range of PMR values.
- UNR79 tests now have smoothing on Lateral Acceleration due to regulation change.
- Interim results now available on UNR79 tests.
- R117 Pass-By-Noise tests can now be run in a single direction. More information on this can be found here.
- Elapsed distance accuracy improved by counting start of movement from 0.5 km/h rather than 0.8 km/h.
- 1ft rollout accuracy improvement.
- Map Gates and Scale flickering when online.
- Zoom and cursor position lost after changing smoothing when in Workspace.
- Software crash when loading in a VBO file exported from a VBTS session when the session had been 'paused'.
- Certain MFDD values could cause VBTS to freeze.
- Exception given if no heading data present during brake test.
- When exporting test results, 'Time/Distance since last run' column values are always zero.
- Exception when setting gate too close to end of movement.
- UNR79 lane cross not reported correctly when no vehicle shape/overlay defined.
- After renaming a session (by clicking on the tab in test results) that session name is not being reflected on reports.
- R117 Pass-by-Noise - changing tyre class wasn't automatically updating results.
- Maths channels that were copied & pasted did not retain formatting.
- 'Saving VBO file session, Please try again after a few seconds' preventing the software from being closed.
- With 'refresh channel names' unticked, VBTS could freeze when connecting to unit.
- VBTS now more tolerant of missing or corrupted data.
- Reset on Start Condition advanced test configuration feature was not working correctly in some situations.