Occasionally Racelogic will release new versions of firmware (internal code) for the MFD Touch, often to introduce new features.
New firmware is loaded into the MFD Touch using an SD card.
How to Update the MFD Touch Firmware
- Download the latest update file from the VBOX Automotive Website.
(Your unit must be registered to receive the required login details for the download. Register here)
- Unzip the folder and place the .rvf file on to the root directory of the SD card (not in the media or any other folder).
- Insert the SD card into the side panel of the unpowered unit.
- Connect to the VBOX 3i unit.
- Confirm the update by pressing OK.
- The unit will then display an update screen with a progress bar.
- Once complete, the unit will restart.
Note: Once the firmware is successfully loaded onto the unit, the file will be removed from the SD card.