The NTRIP Modem can be used with an RTK enabled VBOX or other GNSS receiver, connection is made via the bottom Hirose connector.
The baud rate for the serial output of RTCM corrections from the Modem is 115200 kbit/s. To configure this within a VBOX 3i follow the instructions below, if you are using another GNSS receiver, you will need to make sure that the device is configured to communicate at the same rate.
Attach the supplied antenna (ANTMSTUBSMAM) to the SMA connector on the top of the unit.
The NTRIP Modem can either use the internal 4G modem via a Standard SIM card or a Wi-Fi connection to acquire the NTRIP correction messages from the server. If you are intending to use the internal 4G modem, you will need to use your own data Standard SIM card. Insert this in to the slot on the top of the unit, with the logo facing the front screen side/ contact facing the rear, chamfered edge in first.
IMPORTANT - If the Standard type SIM card you are using has the facility to be broken down in to a Micro/Nano SIM, ensure that SIM card is stable when inserting in to the modem as the Micro/Nano SIM could become detached from the card within the unit.
If you are connecting to a VBOX, power is supplied through the bottom Hirose connector. If you are using another GNSS receiver and power isn't available via the Hirose connection, the modem can be powered from the USB socket using the supplied TTV2AMBBLK1M cable.
IMPORTANT - If you are using the USB socket to apply power to the modem, ensure you are using the supplied USB cable (TTV2AMBBLK1M). This cable has an increased data transfer rate to deal with the power requirements.
The baud rate for the serial output of RTCM corrections from the Modem is 115200 baud, so make sure your device is configured to communicate at the same rate.
VBOX Touch RTK
Connect the supplied RLCAB170 cable from the bottom Hirose connector on the unit to the 'bottom CAN/Serial port' of the VBOX Touch RTK. The VBOX Touch RTK external antenna must be connected to receive NTRIP RTK corrections.
VBOX Touch must have the NTRIP Mode enabled before it is capable of receiving and using the DGNSS correction information transmitted by the Network RTK Service Provider.
- Apply power to the unit and then go to the 'Settings' menu by selecting the Settings Button on the bottom left of the screen.
- Access the 'Serial Port Settings' screen by swiping the screen left or by using the Forward arrow on the bottom right of the screen.
- Navigate to 'RTK Input', enable 'NTRIP Mode' and change the DGPS Baud Rate to '115200' by pressing on the corresponding button next to the options.
- It is also possible to change the 3rd tracked constellation between Beidou and Glonass if required by navigating to 'GNSS Selection' within the 'General Settings' screen. More information on this is available here.
VBOX 3i RTK
Connect the supplied RLCAB170 cable from the bottom Hirose connector on the unit to the 'CAN' port of the VBOX 3i RTK.
Note: A CAN Splitter RLVBACS024 or CAN Hub can be used to facilitate the connection of the NTRIP Modem and VBOX Manager at the same time if required.
VBOX 3i RTK must have the correct DGPS mode enabled in VBOX Setup or VBOX Manager before it is capable of receiving and using the DGPS correction information transmitted by the Network RTK Service Provider.
- Run the latest VBOX Setup software.
- Go to the 'GPS' page.
- Under the DGPS / RTK section, select 'NTRIP' from the available options.
- Select '115200' in the available options for the RS232 baud rate.
- Select 'Write to unit'.
- Connect VBOX Manager.
- Enter 'SETUP' menu and go to 'VBOX'.
- Enter 'DGPS Mode' and select 'NTRIP' from the available options.
- Select 'Back'.
- Enter 'DGPS Rate' and select '115200'.
- Exit out of the Setup Menu.