CAN Gateway can be connected to VBOX Video HD2 via a RLCAB006 (included in package) in order to record data from a vehicle CAN Bus and a Racelogic module/Racelogic Tyre Temperature Sensors at the same time. If Racelogic Tyre Temperature Sensors are being used, it can either be connected to the VEHICLE or MODULE socket, dependent on whether a VCI or Racelogic module is/ isn't being used.
It also allows the connection of an OLED Predictive Laptiming Display.
Please follow the steps below:
- Connect the CAN Gateway to a PC via USB using the supplied connector RLCAB117 to the USB connector on the front panel of the unit.
Note: If you are unable to connect CAN Gateway to a PC, you can save the configuration file to the PC and transfer the file over at a later date.
- Insert the VBOX Video HD2 SD card in to the PC and open VBOX Video Setup Software, which can be downloaded here.
- Add a new scene or select a previously saved scene by selecting the 'File' button.
- Navigate to the 'Settings' button and select the 'CAN' menu.
- Select 'Enable CAN Gateway' from within the 'RACELOGIC CAN Gateway' area and then set the desired Racelogic Bus Rate from the drop down menu.
Note: The baud rate should be set to 500 kbit/s when using a Racelogic module, or 1 Mbit/s when using the Racelogic Tyre Temperature Sensors.
- When you have finished configuring your scene, save the scene file to the SD card using the 'Save to SD' button.
- A popup will appear, stating that the settings must be updated on CAN Gateway, click 'OK' to continue.
- The CAN Gateway file location will automatically open, click 'Select Folder' to save the GWCONFIG.RLC file to the unit.
- Power up the VBOX Video HD2 unit with cameras connected.
- Load the SD card into the front panel - the OK LED will flash green fast as the scene is loaded.
- The HD2 will double beep when the upgrade is complete - the OK LED will change to solid green.
Note: If a Racelogic module is connected, it must be configured to 'Timed mode' via VBOX Setup software, more information can be found here.