This version of Circuit Tools software has some significant updates and bug fixes.
- You can download the Circuit Tools software here. If you have selected 'Check automatically' in the software, it will automatically detect the update when it detects a valid internet link and prompt you to download it.
- You can find instructions on how to install the software here.
Many of the changes have been made as a direct result of customer feedback requesting new features. Some changes have been made to fix bugs and other issues found during testing.
Racelogic strongly recommends that all users update to the latest software release as soon as possible to take advantage of the new features and to benefit from the improved stability.
- Fixed error in File Transfer Wizard when the .vbo had no associated video file.
- Fixed bug when loading two sessions with the same filename and only displaying one video.
- Fixed errors when loading sessions from different circuits - Circuit Tools will now prevent files from different circuits from being loaded.
- .DBN files (PerformanceBox / DriftBox) can now be loaded successfully.
- Error when extending Window beyond the bounds of one screen has been fixed.
- Fixed various issues preventing keyboard shortcuts from working in some situations.
- Lateral acceleration calculation was incorrect when the file log rate is not consistent.
Key New Features
- Added the ability to export the currently selected datum as a reference lap for VBOX LapTimer. This feature is available via the Session ribbon tab.
- Added the ability to mark Pit Lane Entry and Exit points on the track via the Track ribbon tab, and export them for use with VBOX Pit Lane Timer.
- Added the ability to tick the Ideal Lap for analysis. When ticked, the Ideal Lap will be shown on the Graph. To view the video for the Ideal Lap, click the 'Ideal Lap' button on the Video toolbar.
The Ideal Lap video will be generated from the fastest sectors in the session and will be displayed when ready. If the Ideal Lap video has been previously generated for this session, it will be displayed straight away.
There is an 'Auto-generate' option in the Session ribbon tab that allows the Ideal Lap video to be generated automatically upon loading a session.
- Hardware Acceleration is now available and can be enabled in the Video ribbon tab.
If you notice that the playback is not running smoothly, try cycling through the hardware acceleration modes to see which option works best on your computer.
WARNING: Some hardware acceleration modes can cause Circuit Tools to crash/close with certain graphics cards during playback.
- Added support for VBOX HD Lite.
- 60 FPS video playback performance has been improved.
- Track detection has been improved.