A dynamic scenario is useful in testing GNSS receivers' ability to track and maintain satellite lock while in motion.
Use the following steps to create your dynamic scenario:
- Make sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Connect the security dongle to your computer. Wait for the dongle to activate and the light on it to become red.
- Open the SatGen 4 software.
Setting the Start Position
- Select the appropriate Routing Mode: Straight line, Road, Public transport or Walking.
- Left-click on the position on the map where you wish to add your next waypoint marker.
You can see the information about your waypoints in the Route Summary.
- Check that the time, position and duration correspond to your scenario requirements.
- Check that the Route Options are correct for your scenario.
Once you are satisfied with your customized scenario, go to the Create options to specify the output options for your scenario.
- Set the format to correspond with the LabSat unit you want to use to replay the scenario.
- Choose a file save location and file name.
- You can also select available constellations and frequencies in the scenario, as well as the scenario quantisation and hardware attenuation.
When you are happy with the configuration of the output format, click the Create file button to make SatGen generate the GNSS scenario. If you need to create multiple scenarios and simulations, we recommend that you use the queue. Click on the Add to queue button to make SatGen send the file to the generation queue but pause the generation until you are finished configuring all your scenarios.
The file will be created and saved in the relevant directory.