ADAS Static Base Station Setup
A more comprehensive Setup guide can be found within the Base Station User Manual located here
- Setup the base station and tripod in a location with a clear view of the sky (more info)
- Mark the location position if you wish to return and use the same saved position (i.e. 24 hour average)
- Connect the radio and antenna to the base station (more info)
- Make sure the radio antenna is connected to the Radio port (Satel internally mounted radios) or Power/Serial port (2.4 GHz/ 868 MHz/ 915 MHz externally mounted radios)
- Make sure the GPS antenna is connected to the GPS port
- Power up the base station using the on/off switch on the front panel
- Select the required DGPS Mode and Radio Setup in the setup menu
- Scroll through the menu to SET TO AVERAGE
- Press 'OK'
- Select time period to average location
- When countdown display reaches zero and displays 'LOCATION SET OK'
- Press 'BACK'
- Check red LED on right hand side of base station is flashing
- If using radio with Rx/Tx LEDs, check Tx is flashing steadily (1 Hz)
Below is a step by step guide of setting the Base Station up for ADAS testing.